CitiXsys Forums CitiXsys Forums

iVend POS

RE: Adding Product Comments in product search grid fails

Toggle

Hi,

I am trying to add Comments and Commentkey on teh product search results grid, but when I search for a product, I get this error:

"An error has been encountered during the Search function."

I have done some further investigation into this error by running SQL profiler to see the query the search runs. This is the query:

"exec sp_executesql N'Select DISTINCT [InvProduct].[ProductKey], [InvProduct].[Id], [InvProduct].[Description], [InvProductGroup].[Id], [InvProduct].[IsSaleable], [InvProduct].[BasePrice], [InvProduct].[Comments], [InvProduct].[CommentKey] From InvProduct Inner Join InvProductGroup On InvProduct.ProductGroupKey = InvProductGroup.ProductGroupKey Left Outer Join PurVendor On InvProduct.PreferedVendorKey = PurVendor.VendorKey Left Outer Join TaxTaxCode On InvProduct.SalesTaxCodeKey = TaxTaxCode.TaxCodeKey Left Outer Join CfgBarCodeMask On InvProduct.BarCodeMaskKey = CfgBarCodeMask.BarCodeMaskKey Left Outer Join InvManufacturer  On InvProduct.ManufacturerKey = InvManufacturer.ManufacturerKey Inner Join vw_InvProduct  On InvProduct.ProductKey = vw_InvProduct.ProductKey Left Outer Join InvUPCTranslation On  InvProduct.ProductKey = InvUPCTranslation.ProductKey Left outer Join SubSubsidiaryItem ON SubSubsidiaryItem.SourceType = 46 AND InvProduct.ProductKey = SubSubsidiaryItem.SourceKey  Where 1 = 1  And  [InvProduct].[IsDeleted] = @p0 And (  [InvProduct].[IsGiftCertificate]  = @p2 )',N'@p0 bit,@p2 bit',@p0=0,@p2=0"

And this is the result when running this query in SQL management console:

"Msg 421, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
The ntext data type cannot be selected as DISTINCT because it is not comparable."

I understand what the error means, but if it cannot work in product search, why add the comments field to the search grid definition in MC? I am using iVend 6.5 Update 5. The comments field was never available in Update 4 and seems to be a new feature in Update 5

Answer
10/10/17 1:55 PM as a reply to Eddie Willcox.

Hi Eddie,

Please share the log file for same.

Regards

Anjani Agrawal

Answer
10/10/17 4:13 PM as a reply to Anjani Agrawal.

Hi Anjani,

See the log fle attached

Answer
10/11/17 7:42 AM as a reply to Eddie Willcox.

HI Eddie,

Thank you for sharing log file.

Requested you to create the support ticket at http://support.citixsys.com

Regards

Anjani Agrawal

Answer
10/12/17 12:38 AM as a reply to Anjani Agrawal.

Thank you Anjani.

Support resolved the issue and same will be corrected in next release