CitiXsys Forums CitiXsys Forums

iVend POS

CREATE UDF ON TrxTransaction TABLE

Toggle
CREATE UDF ON TrxTransaction TABLE
Answer
2/8/18 2:14 AM

Dear Experts,

I'm not able to figure out how to add a UDF to the TrxTransaction table. Under Application Setup>User defined field, then clicking on 'F3 New' I have a limited list of Object types to choose from.

The table I'm looking for is not among the list.

Is there something I am missing?

Thank you!

RE: CREATE UDF ON TrxTransaction TABLE
Answer
2/8/18 2:47 AM as a reply to Kevin Mwangi.

Hi Kevin,

UDFs cannot be created on transaction table as far as I'm aware. 

What is the requirement here? Perhaps there is another way of getting what you need.

Answer
2/8/18 2:55 AM as a reply to Eddie Willcox.

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for your reply,

I want to be able to print out a custom field on the transaction receipt. Datatype string, with 50 characters.

If I'm not able to create a UDF on the transaction table, I may have to make use of the CutomerRef ID field.

Answer
2/8/18 3:06 AM as a reply to Kevin Mwangi.
If it's only for printing purposes, why not look into using the comment fields or the customer ref field or even sales attributes. All of these are already available in POS. Then it's just a matter of changing your print layouts to bring these fields onto the print out

Answer
2/8/18 5:49 AM as a reply to Kevin Mwangi.

The custom fields on the transaction tables is not supported. You should use the Sales Attributes in case you want to capture additional information on the transaction. In case you would not like to make it visible to the user then you can make it invisible. These invisible fields can still be accessed from the Add-On.

Regards,

Abinesh

Answer
2/9/18 8:02 AM as a reply to Abinesh Agarwal.

Hello,

I went with the CustomerRefNumber field. Thank you. I have not however achieved what I needed to do..

I would like to increase the authenticity of my receipt for a reward scheme the client is using.

My plan is to create an add-on to populate one of the transaction table columns with random characters.

The screenshot attached shows my current challenge. 

Any suggestions on a work-around would be really appreciated!smiley

Answer
2/9/18 8:49 PM as a reply to Kevin Mwangi.

Kevin Mwangi:

Hello,

I went with the CustomerRefNumber field. Thank you. I have not however achieved what I needed to do..

I would like to increase the authenticity of my receipt for a reward scheme the client is using.

My plan is to create an add-on to populate one of the transaction table columns with random characters.

The screenshot attached shows my current challenge. 

Any suggestions on a work-around would be really appreciated!smiley

Alternatively is there a way we can connect to the database connection instance and update the field from the database since all fields are read only

If this is possible will the field be overwritten with what the application had cached before printing, when I handle the event under ‘RegisterApplicationEvents_AfterTransactionCommitEvent’

Any suggestions would be really appreciated

Answer
2/11/18 5:14 PM as a reply to Kevin Mwangi.

Hi Kevin,

Try this:

Public Overrides Sub OnBeforeTransactionCommit(sender As Object, args As Extensibility.TransactionCommitEventArgs)
        MyBase.OnBeforeTransactionCommit(sender, args)
        TransactionLogic.Instance.ChangeCustomerReference("new custome reference number")

End Sub

Answer
2/20/18 12:18 AM as a reply to Frank Truong.
Thank you!